Health Travel Insurance

Workation is generally associated with pleasant experiences – employees get the chance to improve their work-life balance, as well as spend time on boosting their mental health and wellbeing. However, we have to acknowledge the fact that health & occupational risks are not eliminated when working from abroad, and both – employees and employers – should protect themselves from those.

Getting some minor injuries when working in the office is not uncommon. The same can happen when workflexing – to name a few of generic examples, poorly designed workstation in your hotel room leading to back injury; the universal slips, trips and falls somewhere on your way to take a work call from the beach! Injuries can also happen in the spare time when taking a walk on the beach, hiking, surfing, or doing other activities.

  • Who is liable in case an accident happens when the employee is abroad?
  • Is travel insurance always needed?
  • Can the travel insurance for workations be the same as for business trips?
  • How should we handle any insurance claims or any other medical issues?
  • Is health insurance included in the A1/CoC?
  • And others.

It is important to bear in mind that public insurance is only valid in the EU countries, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Iceland. Generally, it is advised to carry the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to prove the insurance coverage of your home country’s insurance while travelling abroad. Though public insurance is helpful, will it be able to cover all the different situations you may encounter during your temporary work abroad?

Insure your employees while on workation

To protect the employer and employee, WorkFlex has partnered with Hallesche Krankenversicherung to offer comprehensive travel insurance for employees temporarily working from abroad using WorkFlex.

Let's talk